Monday, October 28, 2013

Felt Apple

I have a little Snow White who was in need of an accessory. An apple seemed like the perfect fit for her so I whipped this up pretty quickly.






Here is what you'll need
Felt -Red, Green, Brown
Thread -Red, Light Green, Brown
Poly-fil
Pins
Scissors
Paper for template


1. Zoom in on the template until you get the desired size. Trace them onto your paper.



2. I'm going to start with the apple body first. Pin 6 pieces of the apple body templates to your felt and cut them out.



3. Sew two pieces together. Keep the fatter ends towards the bottom.



4. Take your third piece and shove it in the pocket. Sew one side together.






5. Repeat the steps for the other three pieces.






6. Cut out the stem and the leaf. Roll the stem like a cigarette and sew a stitch up the side.

7. Position the stem and the leaf to your liking and pin them at the top outside of your apple. These will be sewn down when you sew up the apple all the way.

8. Sew your two halves together to make an apple pouch. Leave an opening at the bottom. I wasn't paying attention when I got to this part and had my opening at the top. Either way will work, but you can hide your close stitching better at the bottom of the apple.


9. Take your Poly-fil and stuff the apple pretty good.



 10. Sew the brown bit at the bottom.



11. Take your lighter green thread and sew a little detail onto the leaf.



I think my Snow White approves!!









1 comment: