Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Room Tour

I didn't actually set out to decorate my 2 year old's room for Christmas until I realized I needed some place to put our 3 foot tree. Our living room had been completely rearranged since having kids and the place I used to put the tree is no longer there. So I asked her if she wanted a Christmas room and she agreed (very loudly).



After a little bit of searching, we found the right nutcracker ornaments to go on her tree. I let her decorate most of it and she loved it.



Pardon the crazy hair, she had just woken up from a nap.



She picked a pretty pink star to go on top.



I made some fake presents out of bandaid boxes and other toiletry boxes that I found in my medicine cabinet. I also found some mini lights at Lowe's that were on sale for 1.99!

My little Lucy really loves nutcrackers. If we go anywhere and she sees one, she makes a beeline for it and tries her best to convince me to buy all of them. It seemed fit to decorate her room with that as the theme.



This nutcracker was fun to make, but it took a lot of time. I may make a separate post about this, but if you have trouble drawing stick figures, it may not be the DIY for you. The only part of this nutcracker that doesn't glimmer are his teeth! Glitter paper is a wonderful thing!



I think I'll get one Nutcracker every year. It's my favorite play and I'm glad that she also enjoys it.



I had her help me with the Poly-fil "snow". Santa is drowning a little bit, but she wouldn't let me fix it. A bossy 2 year old, how about that! I'm pretty surprised that she hasn't touched the snow. I was fully prepared to take it out of there if she got a little carried away. We did have a little discussion (several discussions) on how to handle the ornaments and that seems to have stuck.




The baby doll and teddy bear were lonely.



What sugar plum forest is complete without sugar plum fairies and rat kings?!


Also, another excuse to use glitter paper.



Her sister will get her own Christmas room next year when she's actually in her room. For now, she's pretty content with the ornament she keeps ripping off my tree.

I hope you enjoyed Lucy's Christmas room!

1 comment: