Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Christmas Burlap Wreath

Oh burlap. I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff. It looks great in most projects, but it's kind of messy. When doing this project, prepare to vacuum or sweep afterwards!

I am very pleased with how this project turned out and it gets complimented by the neighbors. Score!






Here is what you'll need
Burlap - 8 inches wide and 20-30 ft long
Wire wreath -24 inches
Scissors
Adornments
Hot glue gun
Wreath hanger



1. To start off with, take a look at how I have the burlap pulled through in the above picture. I pulled the burlap over and under and then looped it back around. Continue those steps for the whole wreath. Fluff out each section as you go so the wire is covered and to give it a fuller look.


2. I added some bells to give it that nice jingle sound when you open the door. (Actually, my 8 month old picked them out and wouldn't let go of the package, so I found a use for them.) I used the jute string that came with my burlap roll to tie the bells.


3. Next, add your adornment! I used this flower contraption. It didn't want to stay properly do I strategically hot glued it to the burlap. If you have wire cutters, use them to cut off the stem so it doesn't push out from the door. I cut mine a little more than halfway. I don't have wire cutters (surprisingly) so I used some garden shears.

4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment