Friday, October 11, 2013

A Fall Scene

I have a confession to make. I really love Christmas. I usually skip over the other holidays and chomp at the bit till the day after Thanksgiving. I am now making an effort to branch out and embrace other holidays and seasons. Can I get a pass for living in Florida? We have hot and not as hot. The trees are confused and don't really change colors like other awesome places. You won't find any leaf peeping here.

So for a little bit of fall goodness, here is what I rustled up.



My 2 year old is obsessed with acorns. Every single time we walk outside, she picks up about a thousand. So she was pretty much beside herself when we started this project.



For the bowl



Here is what you'll need
Hot glue gun
Mod Podge
Sponge brush
Fake leaves
Acorns
Pine Cones
Clear marbles
Glitter -Copper and Gold


1. Roll the acorns in a thin layer of Mod Podge. They don't have to be completely covered so don't go crazy trying to get every inch. Give the acorns a good sprinkle of the glitter.


2. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to a few of the fake leaves as well and give an awesome shake of glitter. Take a deep breath, it dries clear.


3. Add everything to your clear container and enjoy.


For the Straw Cone



Here is what you'll need
Foam cone
Fake straw
Acrylic paint -Yellow Ocher
Paint brush
Hot glue gun

My foam cone got a little beat up thanks to an over zealous 2 year old.


1. It's better to paint the cone in case you miss a few spots when wrapping. One coat of paint will do just fine.

2. After the paint dries, grab a few pieces of straw and the hot glue. Wrap a little at a time so the glue doesn't dry on you. I gave it two "coats" of straw.

3. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment